APM AIR CARGO TERMINAL SERVICES, a
division of APM INFRASTRUCTURE (P) LIMITED, has ventured into a niche and
potential segment, and has been awarded a contract by the world leader in Cargo
Management- Çelebi International at IGIA, New Delhi where exports are
in the range of over 20,000 Tons per month.
APM, through sheer grit, innovation and expertise, will soon surpass
international standards in the provision of cargo handling services, one of
the key branches of the aviation industry. Because the customers and other
stake holders demand that their business rests upon successful cargo
handling services, all the related processes should be carried out
without any error and without any interruption 24 Hrs/365 Days.
The principles to which it adheres and the way that its employees and
workers perform their duties and jobs, play a great role in Cargo Handling
Management and services.
Export Cargo handling services consist of:
* Accepting cargo that has to be exported;
* Get the cargo examined and then X-rayed;
* Unitization and palletization of cargo;
* Delivering the cargo at ramp;
* Notifying the stake holders;
* Transferring cargoes to airlines.
APM Air Cargo Terminal Services gives the highest importance to the two
factors- Safety and Speed. All aspects related to accepting cargo at the
warehouse, moving and storing it in the warehouse, and then removing it from the
warehouse are all carried by the means of an integrated barcode system, which operates at international standards are looked after by this division.
These are some of the services provided as part of the warehousing function:
* Accepting incoming cargo & determining its dimensions & weight
* Documentation procedures
* Loading export cargo on appropriate loading equipment
* Physically checking and binning the perishable goods and hazardous materials
* Safe-custody services under the supervision of expert personnel